This week’s brief was a still life photo shoot to explore the genre of still life photography.
Theses are the photographs which I produced in the style of an advertisement still life photo shoot.
What went well:
- I feel the first photograph works with a good backdrop.
- The background to the bottle reflects the smart and professional market that it is meant to appeal to.
- I thought about who the target audience is and before I did the photo shoot I knew that gin is an in drink with currently with young fashionable people, many within the business world.
- The second photograph uses more of an abstract and arty look to it which is eye catching and contrasting against a black background it brings the product forward.
What could be better
- I feel like in the first photograph the composition could be better to take what the bottle is sitting on out of the picture more.
- The light in the second photograph could be more straight to it looks clearer and concise.
- The resolution of the second photograph could be higher and that means that I should have been more careful when taking them to have the camera more still and therefore I would not have to have processed it as much on lightroom and photoshop. But the long exposure worked well as a more abstract look I feel.